Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlik Sense Document Analyzer V1.1 Released

Finally,  finally, a Qlik Sense version of my popular "QV Document Analyzer" tool is released. It is available for download here:

QS Document Analyzer http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/qs-document-analyzer/

The tool is provided as a setup.exe that requires windows admin permissions as it installs a custom Qlik script connector.

There are limitations in this release documented in the release notes and the "Introduction" sheet on the qvf.

I'm looking for feedback in terms of problems you may encounter or suggestions.

Let me know how it works out for you!

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

61 Replies
mpeters1988
Contributor
Contributor

rwunderlich‌ & meetmrudul‌:

So in my case, the solution to the 'Unknown connection type' error was to copy and paste the entire custom connector directory 'QsAppMetadataConnector' into 'C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Connectors' directory and restarting Qlik Sense Desktop (June 2018 edition). It's not the official way of installing, but that way the connection is recognized in the load script.

renato_araujo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rob,

I have installed Qlik Sense in the path "C: \ Users \ Aditi \ Documents \ Qlik", however it is displaying the following error: I installed Analyzer V1.2 because the version of Qlik Sense on the computer is April-2018.

Thank's.error.JPG

renato_araujo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem solved.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

That is odd.  I don't even have a Connectors folder at that location.  Do you have other connectors in that folder?

-Rob

mpeters1988
Contributor
Contributor

rwunderlich I know, it's not documented anywhere, but I did a fresh install of the latest Qlik Sense Desktop version, installed several versions of Document Analyzer, but all came up with the same error. I've even tried it on a virtual machine with a fresh install of Windows 10 64bit with no other programs installed. Below is a screenshot of the connectors folder:

Screenshot_QlikSense_Connectors.png

When I put the QsAppMetadataConnector folder there, the document analyzer works and the error disappears.

Both machines have an install of Windows 10 64bit, all latest updates and the latest version of Qlik Sense (I believe june 2018).

kiranrode
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Renato,

I am facing same issue. Which configuration you used to solve the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kiran

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

See mpeters1988 solution above to see if that resolves your problem.

-Rob

kiranrode
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your quick response. I tried the Maarten Peters solution but still facing the same error.

I have installed latest version of QS Document analyser 1.3 on test server.

Do I need to configure anything on server side?

Regards,

Kiran

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I am currently only supporting Document Analyzer installs on QS Desktop.  You can still analyze applications on Server, but DA must be installed and executed from Desktop.   Qs Desktop is free to download and use.

-Rob

dyy
Employee
Employee

I am getting this error related to master dimensions using analyzer 1.3.  Stack trace message is at bottom

docanalyzererro.PNG