Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense - My Sheets - All users see all user created sheets, how to hide?

On our Qlik Sense instance, any user that has created their own sheet in 'My Sheets', the sheet automatically shows to all users 'My Sheets', even if they aren't published.  I'm assuming this is a security setting or something, but can't seem to find it.  I only want sheets created by the individual user to show in 'My Sheets' unless a sheet has been published.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rockstar7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@joshabbott check stream related security rules in the QMC, The Actions should be read,publish only

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Rockstar7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@joshabbott check stream related security rules in the QMC, The Actions should be read,publish only

ckarras22
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

It is a Security Rule issue. Someone might have overiden this one (removed the " and resource.published ="true" "  part?!?)

Stream

Stream security rule properties
Property Details
Name Stream
Description

Everyone who has read rights to a stream should also have read rights to a resource published to that stream

Resource filter

App*

Actions

Read

Context Both in hub and QMC
Type Default
Conditions (resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you!

pankajs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can you please elaborate whether we need this condition true or false.

resource.published ="true" 

I don't want other users Sheet to be visible to all. My sheets should showcase only sheets created or duplicated by me.

Kindly assist.

Thanks for your support.

ckarras22
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello @pankajs

resource.published ="true", applies to whatever "Resource filter" of a Security rule. In the case of Stream's security rule, it is both at the Application level and the Object level, like Sheets etc (because App*)

To understand and replicate what is the issue of @joshabbott (as well yours, in your other post) just follow the steps bellow in a clean installation of QS (if this is possible).

1) Duplicate Stream security rule, name it Stream2. Change resource.published ="true" to resource.published !="true". Disable Stream.

2) Login as User1 and open a published app. **Any of the published sheets have disappeared but ignore this fact**. You will see all of your unpublished sheets and from all other users.

3) Login as User2 and open the same published app. The same thing. All unpublished "My Sheet"s will be available to this user as well.

BTW, by checking in the stream's Actions the Publish one, doesn't resolve the issue. We select the Publish Action, to give the user the ability to right click the "My Sheet" and publish

**Please note that the resource.published !="true" is not necessary to be in the Stream2 SR, but in any of your custom ones**