cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnalyticsDev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense Service Cluster: Apps are being named wierdly

I finally found, I think, where Qliksense is storing my apps.

What I've found are a bunch of files with wierd names containing random numbers and letters (ex. 1e2544-3ddd-1324-5678-de43545f2f0) instead of my actual app names (example: Test1)

Thoughts?

(we just installed our instance last week)

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @AnalyticsDev 

That is working as designed. You will get a guid as appname on disk, the readable name connected to it is stored in the database. If you want to see which guid belongs to which app you can select the Id column under qmc/apps.

Best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@AnalyticsDev

This does not work the same as in QlikView. In Sense everything is in the shared folder and /or the Repository database.

Here are a bit more info about the shared folder

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @AnalyticsDev 

That is working as designed. You will get a guid as appname on disk, the readable name connected to it is stored in the database. If you want to see which guid belongs to which app you can select the Id column under qmc/apps.

Best regards

Sebastian

AnalyticsDev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah, understood.  Ok.

Im coming from administering a Qlikview environment, Qliksense is a bit newer to me.  

Within in our old QV/Apps folder, we had separate folders for each dashboard.  Any static content (images, excel files, etc) were stored there.  

Does it no longer make any sense to structure our apps folder like that anymore?  

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@AnalyticsDev

This does not work the same as in QlikView. In Sense everything is in the shared folder and /or the Repository database.

Here are a bit more info about the shared folder

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Sebastian_Linser

Hello, in addition to @Maria_Halley 

Of course you can have your source data in different folders if you want to load it into every app. For QLik Sense you don't have Document Mounts as in Qlikview, instead you have Streams for that reason its not needed to separate the data in the Qlikview way.

best regards

Sebastian

AnalyticsDev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Looping in @Maria_Halley  

Another question: Assume I just let all the IDs sit in one folder and not separate them out....

If we have two environments (dev and prod)... and I wanted to promote a dashboard from dev to prod...in QV we would just copy the dev .qvw to the exact prod location and overwrite the existing prod qvw with the new updated copy.  

If I have a prod copy of a Finance dashboard in Prod and a new updated Finance dashboard in dev that I want to copy over to prod, would both the prod and dev copies share the same ID ?  Or do they some how generate unique IDs.

IDs as in the 1e2544-3ddd-1324-5678-de43545f2f0 .  Since we wont be copying over easily to understand qvw names anymore, it would be these IDs.  Would they be the same from dev to prod?

Sebastian_Linser

Hello @AnalyticsDev 

have a look here, its not that straight forward any more.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Moving-apps-between-Environments-Qlik-Sense-Enterpries...

regards

Sebastian

AnalyticsDev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Oh boy.  Thanks for the headsup.  We have time scheduled with Qlik tomorrow.  This will be a topic Ill have him/her cover.