Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McCloudPT
Contributor II
Contributor II

SUM of a value within a max date range

Hello all

I'm currently struggling to get a final SUM value of a given max date, when we select a date range with Date Picker.

I have values per day that I want to show in a Map, but the sum adds the values from all days in the date range.

I need to show the sum of one day only. I can choose the max day of a range with: "Date(Max(Floor(DateDay), 1)) " but the final expression does not provide me the values I need.

Not working: =sum({<TvPlatform = {'VTV'},DateDay={'=$(Date(Max(Floor(DateDay),1)))'}>} Value)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McCloudPT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Since the set analysis was not cooperating, one of my colleagues found a weird but working solution:

=Sum({<TvPlatform = {'VTV'}>}Value * if(DateDay=RangeMin('$(=date(max(aggr(nodistinct max(DateDay), Distrito))))',Today()-1),1,0))

Every date but the max one is discarded by the * if expression!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

Refer below example,

Create variable in qliksense Front  call vMaxDate= =date(max(OrderDate), 'YYYY-MM-DD')  as i  shown in attached imag,

and  use that variable in SetAnalysis  as shown below.

=sum({<OrderDate={'$(vMaxDate)'} >} [Sales Amount])

variable creation.PNG

sunny_talwar

You can also try this

=Sum({<TvPlatform = {'VTV'}, DateDay = {"$(=Date(Max(Floor(DateDay))))"}>} Value)
McCloudPT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Sunny_talwar, thanks for your answer!

Just to add more info, i'm using a map with pie charts were the data measure is the sum of the value filtered by the TvPlatform.

The solution presented gives zero costumers in the pie charts with the formula: Sum({<TvPlatform = {'VTV'}, DateDay = {"$(=Date(Max(Floor(DateDay))))"}>}Value) .

With the =SUM({<$(DateDay = {"$(=$max(DateDay)-1)")},TvPlatform = {'VTV'}>}Value)
I get the total sum of all days, making the pie charts assume the total costumers in it's size along the map.

McCloudPT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Mahaveerbiraj, thank you for your help!

I did as requested and the result is also zero per pie chart in the map 😕

sunny_talwar

What does your DateDay field format look like? Is it DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY or D-MMM-YYYY or something else? Also, is it only date or is it a timestamp?

McCloudPT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello

It's defined like this:

Date#(Date(StartDate,'DD-MM-YYYY'),'DD-MM-YYYY') as DateDay

It's not a timestamp.

sunny_talwar

Try this

Date(Floor(StartDate),'DD-MM-YYYY') as DateDay

and then this 

=Sum({<TvPlatform = {'VTV'}, DateDay = {"$(=Date(Max(DateDay), 'DD-MM-YYYY'))"}>} Value)

McCloudPT
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Sunny_talwar

Still no luck! the sum is always zero, no mater what the date is.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issue?