cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Section Access View All

Ran into a problem with section access and the '*' access. Using the section access script of

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, GROUP, FIELD, OMIT

USER, *, GROUP1, FIELD1

USER, *, GROUP2, FIELD2

USER, *, GROUP3, *

etc. I've found that GROUP3 can see FIELD1 and FIELD2 but if there is a FIELD3 it does not load and no one can see it.

Is this normal behavior and a group has to be defined for every value of 'FIELD'? That doesn't seem right to me.

EDIT: I've tried using the STAR is * command and it doesn't make a difference.

EDIT2: we are using a domain and adding the domain name as a prefix actually breaks things and the data won't load. 

example: DIR\GROUP1 no longer gives access to FIELD1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Apparently I found the answer, per documentation >

"If a wildcard (*) is used as a field value in the data reduction column, it is interpreted as allowing the user to access records associated with all selected reduction fields in the security table."

Since FIELD3 isn't in the security table it won't show up. I guess it makes sense but adds a layer of additional complexity for creating new section access fields.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Apparently I found the answer, per documentation >

"If a wildcard (*) is used as a field value in the data reduction column, it is interpreted as allowing the user to access records associated with all selected reduction fields in the security table."

Since FIELD3 isn't in the security table it won't show up. I guess it makes sense but adds a layer of additional complexity for creating new section access fields.