Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fzalexanderjohn
Creator
Creator

Selecting Null Values not possible?

Good morning,

I'm trying to select null values in an App but it doesn't seem to be possible. I have two tables that are not matched 100%. So naturally some values show up as null in a straight table that contains rows from both these tables. I want to select those not matching values and for that I wanted to assign a value to the null value.

fzalexanderjohn_0-1589788648915.png

The expression for the dimension is:

=if(isNull(Buchungsdatum) or Buchungsdatum = '' or len(trim(Buchungsdatum)) = 0 or Buchungsdatum = ' ' or Buchungsdatum = '-','no Data',date(Buchungsdatum))

So every combination I could think of. I attached the app in question. It happens in the last sheet.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

is the field "Buchungsdatum" coming from a JOIN statement?

fzalexanderjohn
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Agigliotti,

the Field comes from here:

LOAD
    MATNR,
    max(date(BUDAT_MKPF)) as Buchungsdatum,
    Interval(today()-max([BUDAT_MKPF]),'D') as [Bewegung Intervall],
    floor(Interval(today()-max([BUDAT_MKPF]),'D'),30)/30 as [Bewegung Intervall Monate]

Resident PreloadMSEG
GROUP BY MATNR;

MATNR is the field that matches the values with the table that contains our product information (MARA). MARA contains more values than those of the MSEG. So it is expected that I get null values... how to select them though.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

maybe you can use the below expression:

=Sum( {< MATNR = E( {< Buchungsdatum = {"*"} >} Buchungsdatum ) >} [Wert Bestand] )

it should return all MATNR with Buchungsdatum equal to NULL.

i hope it can helps.