Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selections made in the expressions without preventing selection from the filter panes

Hi all!

In order to have a selection of data made by default, the solution I got was to select them in my expressions. For example:

Count({$<MillAlloc={"X"},AllocYear={"$(vCurrentAllocYear)"} ,AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},MarketRegionCd={'EU', 'ROE'},InternalServReadyLateDisp={"Y"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)/(Count({$<MillAlloc={"X"},AllocYear={"$(vCurrentAllocYear)"} ,AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},MarketRegionCd={'EU', 'ROE'}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp))

Now the problem is that I want to continue giving the user some freedom to select options in fields that I have filtered by default. For example, the user is only seeing MarketRegionCd = {'EU', 'ROE'} when he opens the application and may want to select MarketRegionCd = USA.

Do you know if this is possible?

Every help is welcome! Thank you!

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can create unions and intersections between the current selections and the set expression selections

MillAlloc += {"X"} // union of current selections and set selection "X"

AllocYear *= {"$(vCurrentAllocYear)"}  // intersection of current selection and set selection

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jonathan.

It seems to be working for the field selections I made in my set expression. For example, if I write MarketRegionCd * = {'EU', 'ROE'} I can see only EU or just ROE, which was not possible before, but I still can not see results for another MarketRegionCd...

Do you have any Idea what I might be doing wrong? Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jonathan, now I've tried this expression MarketRegionCd += {'EU', 'ROE'} and, for this tipe of field, it seems to work better than the intersection*.

The problem is that I may not always want to continue seeing the EU and ROE market Region Cd and that's what's happening... Do you now how to solve this issue?

Thank you!