Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etrotter
Creator II
Creator II

Set Analysis: when one field is selected, ignore, and select another

Hi Qlikers, 

I have a chart that uses the dimension Region(Region_RE). When a user selects a region, I would like the chart to filter accordingly but additionally display the regranting emissions associated with the region as defined by the field GCAM Region. I have tried a number of different configurations of the set analysis, but have not been successful. 

=Count({< Region_RE=, [GCAM Region] = p({<Region_RE+={'Remaining Emissions'}>} [GCAM Region])>}Distinct Region_RE)

My goal here was to ignore the selection of the Region_Re while selecting the same value in the field GCAM Region, but when a Region is selected, nothing is filtered. 

etrotter_0-1597157297225.png

Please let me know if you can help! 

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

=Count({<Region_RE={="Only{{<Region_RE>} Region_RE)=Only{{<Region_RE>} [GCAM Region])"}>} Distinct Region_RE)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
etrotter
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the quick response- I had to make a couple of tweaks to get the expression to display, and I found a couple of issues with the output. Regranting Emissions is no longer displaying, and the region does not react to filtering- output below. 

=Count({<Region_RE={"=Only({<Region_RE>} [Region_RE])=Only({<Region_RE>} [GCAM Region])"}>} Distinct Region_RE)

etrotter_0-1597163824153.png