Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Show Month on x-axis (VizLib Line Chart)

Hi All - 

I am trying to create a line chart where I am trying to show daily information while displaying only Month on the x axis...and I am using VizLib chart for this. Here is what I have tried so far.

Step 1: Created a new field in the script using DATE

Date(SetDateYear(DATE, Year(Today())), 'DD-MMM') as MONTHDATE,

Step2: Created a line chart With

Dimension

MONTHDATE
YEAR

Expression

Sum(VALUE)

By default, it shows 6 tick marks like this

image.png

Now, I tried to increase it to 12 ticks, but that still try to space out based on the days

image.png

If I try to use a calculated dimension like this

=Dual(Month(MONTHDATE), MONTHDATE)

I get a chart like this

image.png

Now the x-axis looks exactly how I want, but the chart doesn't display the same day level information. All I need is the axis like the third image and plot as in 1st/2nd chart.

I hope someone can advice on this.

Best,

Sunny

Labels (3)
2 Replies
sunny_talwar
Author

I was able to get it partially working by enabling Timeaware option after changing the number of ticks to be 12

image.png

Now, I am not sure why this begins with 2019 and not January? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Sunny

Marcos_rv
Creator II
Creator II

using a hierarchy that contains the date per day next to the year month? I would say as one more dimension, and you add whatever you want, anyway I would create a field in the calendar that is dual (year & '-' & month, year * 12 + month) as year-month.

regards!!!