Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klikgevoel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show dimension names in filter pane instead of values

Hi all,

I've got 20 dimensions which I want to put inside a filter pane for the user to select one or more dimensions from. In turn, the selections are shown in a table below.  Thus, the table can grow as the user selects more dimensions. 

Currently the filter pane pushes out the data inside the dimensions, which is not something I want. So the first question is: what is the solution to just show the dimensions name, instead of it's data. Second, as a bonus, how can I rename the dimensions inside the filter pane, so that it is not showing its original name. For example, 122.Male_Female_Unisex should be shown as Gender. 

Last, to show the column in the table, what would be an appropriate way to handle this? Things like if(GetSelectedCount(122.Male_Female_Unisex),1,0) in the 'Show column if' function box?

Your help is much appreciated, thanks.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

This is the whole idea of a filter pane, so it will always show the values if it has the space for it. When you don't want to show the data that's inside, make the filter pane smaller. You can rename the dimensions when you add a dimension, go to Edit chart, Data, Dimensions, Title. This is where you can edit the title.

Your last solution can work, you can also do this based on a variable. But this depends on what you want to achieve.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
klikgevoel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jordy, 

Thanks for your response. I know that's the main purpose of the filter pane. However, it is not useful to select values from it in my case, since 20*N, making it unnecessary large. Therefore I was hoping if someone knows a hack-around, just show the dimensions within the filter pane. 

Another way of asking a solution to my problem would be; what is a convenient way to let a user select one or more dimensions, without resorting creating 20 buttons for each dimension to select?

sonusagar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

In my understanding ,You are looking for something called as custom report.

There are two solution :

1.You can use the extension of Climber Custom Report.

https://github.com/ClimberAB/ClimberCustomReport

2.If you are using latest version of Qlik sense,using show or Hide features(Show column if) of Table you can make custom report.

https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/01/customize-reporting-qlikview/.

Thanks and Regards,

Sonu Sagar

klikgevoel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Nope, this still doesn't provide the results that I envision. See an example below.  Also note, that in my case, the dimensions contain text data, not numeric.

qlik_sense_filter_upon_dimensions.png