Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolaus
Contributor
Contributor

Sorting a straight table with a not-visible field

Hello,

I am working for some years now with QlikView and QlikSense. I recognized that in QlikSense the sorting of table can be done by ordering fields in the Sorting section. This works fine.

But I was not able to sort a table with a field, that is not visible on the screen.

e.g. customer data. The table should be sorted by a field call matchcode that should not be visible. At the same moment I remove the field (by setting show column if 0=1) the sorting is gone. It does not matter that I set the sorting for the first column to "sort by expression" and the expression to matchcode.

How do you solve this?

Thanks

Niko

Labels (1)
6 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

nikolaus
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the quick respone. Unfortunatly - I don´t get it. This is the first colum in the table, all other sortings are removed. It does not sort by that (invisible) field.

2023-10-05 08_17_28-Einstellungen.png

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

I dont know if it is an nummeric or text field. 

But you can use MinString(YOURFIELD)

or Min(YOURFIELD) 

Cascader
Creator
Creator

In qlikview, I use this work around,  I set the field text color to =rgb(255,255,255)

and I put in label =''

nikolaus
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Its a text field. MinString([Kunden.KndKurzBez]) is simply ignored.

I am puzzled that this is difficult at all.

nikolaus
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Just for complitements sake: Its not possible. This is very, very frustrating. A statement by Qlik would be very welcome.