Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjm35055
Partner - Contributor III

Store new rows into QVD without loading QVD? (Qlik Sense)

Hi,

I am wondering if, in Qlik Sense, there is a way to store new rows into a qvd without needing to load the qvd.

For example:

• I am doing an incremental load off of a date and there are 100 new rows of data.
  • The qvd that I need to store those 100 new rows into contains over 60 million rows

Is there a way to store those 100 new rows into the qvd with 60 million rows without having to load the 60 million rows?

Current Script

Incremental_Table:
NoConcatenate
Load
Resident Table1
Where IsNull(deletedDateTime) // Only loading rows that do not have a deleted timestamp
;

Drop Table table1;

// Qvd with over 60 million rows
Concatenate (Incremental_Table)
LOAD
FROM [lib://QlikData/Fact.qvd] (qvd);

Store Incremental_Table into [lib://QlikData/Fact.qvd] (qvd);

Drop TableIncremental_Table;

Thank you!

Labels (2)
3 Replies
TiagoCardoso
Creator II
Creator II

Olá.

Sorry for my english.

Maybe helpful.

https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/

this article is in qlik view, but you can do the same for qlik sense without any problems.

hjm35055
Author

Thanks for the article.  I am currently doing an incremental load. 

In the example below, lines 34-41, they are concatenating the existing qvd to the new rows.  My issue is, it is a large qvd (over 60 million rows) and I was wondering if there was a way to store the new rows into the qvd without having to load the existing qvd into the app.  I think the answer is no, but figured I would ask.

hjm35055_0-1598914210291.png

marcus_sommer

It's not possible just to append any records to a qvd without loading them because Qlik doesn't use a linear row-storing else it's a column-based storing-format which only stored the distinct values of each fields and creates a bit-stuffed pointer to link the values with the records. This logic/structure needs to re-created by each change.

Usually this isn't a problem because an optimized load from a qvd is very fast even by large datsets because no extra/new processing is needed to load the data else they are just transferred from the storage/network into the RAM - means it depends completely from their performance how long it takes.

Beside this I suggest to reverse the order within your incremental approach and loading at first the larger historical qvd-data and then adding the new records.

- Marcus