cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne-a
Creator
Creator

Strange behavior with pivot table and calculated dimension as second dimension

Hi, I'm using a pivot table with a calculated second dimension.  In order to get the sorting by the measure I created the second dimension as a calculated dimension as detailed in this community entry.  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/Order-pivot-table-by-expression/td-p/145674...

This seemed to work great but when verifying the information I started seeing some strange behavior.  Where I used the calculated dimension I see the calculated dimension listed twice but the measure is actually for a different value.  Here is the calculated dimension, it is the second dimension.  The first dimension [Billing Company] is not calculated.

=Dual(Category, Aggr(Sum(Amount), [Billing Company], Category))

And here is the sort expression. It is second in the sort order, first is [Billing Company] sorted by expression as Sum(Amount)

Aggr(Sum(Amount), [Billing Company], Category)

In the example below, the Category "Handling Fee" is listed twice.  Only filtering is done on the dates.

Category value listed twice with calculated dimensionCategory value listed twice with calculated dimension

But the $7.00 amount is actually for a different category, "Kit Fee".  When I use the Category as a native field instead of the calculated dimension it looks like this.

Not using calculated dimensionNot using calculated dimension

And what's really strange is that if I filter by the company on the pivot table with the calculated dimension it displays correctly!

Calculated dimension with Billing Company filter appliedCalculated dimension with Billing Company filter applied

Thanks in advance for any help / insight.

0 Replies