Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trigger EDX on Qlikview from Qliksense server

Hello,

I am starting to migrate from Qlikview to Qliksense.

As a test run, I chose a report where I extract data, transform it and then reload a Qlikview report. I already migrated the extraction and transformation scripts to Qliksense and at the end of the transformation script, I would like to trigger the reload of my Qlikview report which will still be running in parallel with the Qliksense report for a while, using the same qvds.

On my Qlikview server, I already trigger some tasks via EDX and bat files with commands like "C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView EDXTrigger\QvEDXTrigger.exe" --task="Folder/Report.qvw" ; and they work fine.

Here, I am struggling with the syntax I should use at the end of my transformation script to trigger the reload of the Qlikview report via this bat file. Has anybody been through this already? Or is there a better way to do it maybe?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just in case this can be useful to someone else someday, I found one solution to my problem.

On my Qlikview server where QVEDXTrigger is installed, I created a bat file with a line like this:

"\\myQlikviewServer\c$\Program Files (x86)\QlikView EDXTrigger\QvEDXTrigger.exe" --task="mytask" --service=http://myQlikviewServer:4799/QMS/Service;

And one my Qliksense server, I just add a line when I want to start the reload of my Qlikview task like this one:

EXECUTE "\\myQlikviewServer\PathToMyBATFile\MyFile.bat"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just in case this can be useful to someone else someday, I found one solution to my problem.

On my Qlikview server where QVEDXTrigger is installed, I created a bat file with a line like this:

"\\myQlikviewServer\c$\Program Files (x86)\QlikView EDXTrigger\QvEDXTrigger.exe" --task="mytask" --service=http://myQlikviewServer:4799/QMS/Service;

And one my Qliksense server, I just add a line when I want to start the reload of my Qlikview task like this one:

EXECUTE "\\myQlikviewServer\PathToMyBATFile\MyFile.bat"