Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsme123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ugrent : Please advise Zero Values for Bar chart

Hi 

i have col1 date ;col2 id

I have temp calendar created which has all dates for missing dates by using col1 (temp calendar date col is called col3) 

Im trying to get bar chart show zero values  with col3 and count(col2).. when i just put col3 in table it does show all dates the moment i add count(col2) it populates data only for the dates which has values like shown below

itsme123_0-1602187825344.png

I want to show like below example when there is no data show blank space ....please let me know how to do it and also the x axis should show dates in reverse order starting from today oct8th oct 7th oct 6th

itsme123_1-1602187958249.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

Actually its missing data scenarios, try like this after creating col3 join the original table with co1 and col2 by renaming col1 as col3then use col3 in dimension and count(col2), you will get the results 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

What is your data model ?

avinashelite

Actually its missing data scenarios, try like this after creating col3 join the original table with co1 and col2 by renaming col1 as col3then use col3 in dimension and count(col2), you will get the results 

itsme123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks I did use the logic but it did not work for me because seems its related to access issues for users to see missing data.

Your response does work in real time. its just i had weird section access for the app

ioannaiogr
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @avinashelite , sorry i didn't get the scenario and I'm thinking it might be the solution to my case as well.

For me it's

original_table:

date_col_timestamp,

date(floor(date_col_timestamp),'DD/MM/YYYY') as date_col

I have a master calendar table in which field TempDate is as date_col from original table and that's how i connect them.

This doesn't allow me to show bars with 0s for missing dates as in @itsme123 's case.

Please help me out!

Thanks in advance