Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blunck-TotalFitouts
Contributor III
Contributor III

User ID for section access - Cloud Editions of QlikSense Business

Hi everyone,

Just migrated from QlikSense Cloud Business to Cloud Editions of QlikSense Business.  What the difference is confuses, but not my issue!  In the QlikSense Cloud Business version we were using section access and I need advice on how to use this in the Cloud Editions of QlikSense Business version.

Specifically:

1 - what are the user IDs in the Cloud Editions of QlikSense Business version including the domain?  

The domain for QlikSense Cloud Business  was QLIKCLOUD.  Is this still the same for Cloud Editions of QlikSense Business version?

Using the SubField(OSUser(),';',-1) expression, the QlikSense Cloud Business version gave me this  "UserId=qlikid_jeremy.dyer" but the Cloud Editions of QlikSense Business version is giving me this "UserId=auth0|111d4335-8c92-4b7f-af70-12189dd8ae82".   Am I correct that this is the ID?

2 - what is the service account?  Is it still INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER?

Thanks 🙂

Carl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Blunck-TotalFitouts
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey mate,

Yep, got this working.  Create an app that just contains a KPI chart with the expression "OSUser()".  Use this app for users to access so their personal userID can be displayed when they are logged in and viewing the KPI with their account.

Take this and place it in the section access script as the userID, it will look like this:

auth0|111d4335-8c92-4b7f-af70-12189dd8ae82

UserID for the scheduler account for auto reloads to work is:

INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER

Cheers

Carl

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tcjuncioni
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Carl,

Did you find the answer?

I need to know that too.

thanks

sir_stone
Contributor III
Contributor III

According to the Manual AsOf 28. Jan 2020 section access should work in cloud editions (we are on qlik sense Cloud enterprise) : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/manag...

We are using default Qlik Cloud authentication. Can't figure out the right USERID, load script errors out with access denied, check if user who is loading the script is included in section access paragraph (roughly translated from german message).

This is a pressing problem for us. Information that section access would be possible in qlik cloud enterprise was the only reason to switch to this edition for us.

Best,

Thomas

Blunck-TotalFitouts
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey mate,

Yep, got this working.  Create an app that just contains a KPI chart with the expression "OSUser()".  Use this app for users to access so their personal userID can be displayed when they are logged in and viewing the KPI with their account.

Take this and place it in the section access script as the userID, it will look like this:

auth0|111d4335-8c92-4b7f-af70-12189dd8ae82

UserID for the scheduler account for auto reloads to work is:

INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER

Cheers

Carl

tcjuncioni
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thank you so much Carl!

sir_stone
Contributor III
Contributor III

Carl - thank you very much.

tcjuncioni
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Carl,

The problem is, how can I get all of OsUsers, imagine that I have 50 users, I need to publish an app and ask to each user to send me the OsUSer?

Thanks!

Blunck-TotalFitouts
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi mate,

I stumbled across something that will solve this problem for both of us.  If you go to the QMC and open up the events tab you will find a list of events.

Using the filter button on the "Event Type" column select the "com.qlik.user-session.begin" event.

Click the little drop down arrow next to the users name and something like the below should appear.

{

"subject": "auth0|111d4335-8c92-4b7f-af70-12189dd8ae82"

}

There in perfect copy and paste format, is the USERID 😊.  Happy days!  

So we just need to get users to create an account and log in, then ask them to wait until the section access is updated before going into those dashboards.  Not bad!

Cheers

Carl

sir_stone
Contributor III
Contributor III

Carl, you rock seriously !! Thanks.