Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why do bar charts not automatically resize charts?

Hello, I was curious as to why bar charts in Qlik Sense do not resize to fill up the chart space? barChart.PNG

This seems like it would be an obvious feature, that or giving the user the ability to set the bar widths and distances. Has there been any word if/when something like this might be implemented?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

@Anil_Babu_Samineni  and @dselgo_eidex  you both are correct.

This space on the right of the chart is the size of the object selected for you when designing the dashboard. This behavior you are observing is the expected for Qlik Sense objects.
If we had all objects resizing in selections, we could have disorganized apps after selections were made, since all the sizes pre-defined would change based on selections.

I went ahead and created a idea* to my development team in order to inform them that you are looking for this feature.

* Ideas are tickets to provide our development team the idea of what customers are looking for or would like to see in a future release. It does not mean that it is going to be developed, but it makes you to be heard, by our development team.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

You can set max range to a high number or use a expression to set that value.
Doing it the values will not be affected with a selection.

1.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Wlad_Masi  I don't think, If we have object width is high. As far  know, It works based up on the value dimension not the object width. Correct me, If i am wrong.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

@Wlad_Masi That can solve for the amount of space above the bars, but I am more concerned with the amount of empty space to the right of the bars.
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

@Anil_Babu_Samineni  and @dselgo_eidex  you both are correct.

This space on the right of the chart is the size of the object selected for you when designing the dashboard. This behavior you are observing is the expected for Qlik Sense objects.
If we had all objects resizing in selections, we could have disorganized apps after selections were made, since all the sizes pre-defined would change based on selections.

I went ahead and created a idea* to my development team in order to inform them that you are looking for this feature.

* Ideas are tickets to provide our development team the idea of what customers are looking for or would like to see in a future release. It does not mean that it is going to be developed, but it makes you to be heard, by our development team.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

@Wlad_Masi thanks for the response and for putting in that idea!