Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

installing QMC

Spent a lot of time trying to install QMC using the link https://<mycomputer_name>/qmc.

Support finally said that the QLIK certificate is not current.

Here's the error message I get:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to [<mycomputer_name>] was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Any help out there? I am running Qlik Sense Desktop V 3.2SR2 on WIN10 pc.

Thank you in advance.

9 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

AFAIK, QMC is only available when you are using Qlik Sense Server.

For Desktop version it is not possible to have QMC.

Is QMC available for Qlik Sense Desktop?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for answering my question.

So how does qlik sense desktop work with R to fulfill the expectation that

qlik and R can disk together?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What if you have R already installed in your system (as I am sure most affected people are): do you have to uninstall / reinstall it?

I really want to thank you very much for your help.

Oguchi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reference. On the steps to installing the plugin,

sse-r-plugin/GetStarted.md at master · qlik-oss/sse-r-plugin · GitHub

item #2 states:

"2. Build Project

Prerequisites: Visual Studio 2015 (or later)
To be able to run the SSEtoRserve plugin you must follow these steps:

Open the ServerSideExtension.sln solution file located in the csharp folder.
Note that there are two files missing in the ServerSideExtension project, ServerSideExtension.cs and ServerSideExtensionGrpc.cs. This is ok and will be automatically fixed in the following steps.
Build the solution to pull down the dependent NuGet packages and libraries (like Grpc.Tools).
Rebuild the solution again. This time the missing files will be generated from the proto file (the protocol) using Grpc.Tools. Now you have your executables located in csharp/SSEtoRserve/bin folder."

Which application owns the csharp folder: -- QLIK Sense Desktop, Visual Studio 92017), R, RStudio, WIN10PC, or...? I could not find a matching folder with the contents as stated above anywhere on my PC which is running all the programs above.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

Oguchi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. Thanks for the pdf document link and content: really helpful. More later.

2. Thanks for the Github link: there I found the answer to my question on the location of the csharp folder used for Rstudio set-up--

3. however, I had errors running the re/building the solution on Visual Studio 2017, so that was a dead-end--for now, at least.

4. Back to the pdf document: for the sample apps, the .gvf files go to the Sense App subfolder; and the .zip files are unzipped into the Extensions subfolder. Where do the data files (.csv, .xlsx) go?

5. Does this mean that when I use my own dataset, I have to "build" a specific Extension for it; if so, how?

Thanks again. I am determined to get this to work, and you (@Shraddha) have been extremely helpful and resourceful.

Oguchi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have posted the images below to show that @Shraddha's solution from the pdf document TOTALLY works. I had several obstacles as can be seen form my posts, but each was overcome. Turns out that R Vs R Studio is not an issue; the installation of R for QLIK integration does not affect my workhorse R Studio work at all.

Just a few more pointers:

1) Get the sample apps and Sse plug-ins from here:Here is the link to the link to download the example QVF files and associated extension objects distributed with the SSEtoRserve plugin opensource project: https://github.com/qlik-oss/sse-r-plugin/tree/master/sense_apps

2) Placing a folder with the downloaded apps in a subfolder under QLIK \ SENSE was okay: the app load script editor found them ok, hence success as below.

3) Data load editor (scripts) is what was used; not sure Data manager can handle this.

Thank you, shraddha

4) Next step: to do this with my own dataset; I believe this involves scripting. So I'm off again to track that down.

TS Moving averages.jpg

Decision Tree.jpg

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Glad it helped!