Qlik Community

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Qlik Insider: SaaS capabilities for Data Integration and Analytics, May 25th! Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyline01
Creator
Creator

kpi object: how to set conditional color limit on something other than measure value

I am working in Qlik Sense Enterprise 3.2.  I have a strange requirement on a kpi object.  The user wants the kpi to change color according to its value.  If it's positive, he wants red; if it's negative, he wants green.  In itself, that's super easy: just set a conditional color limit (at value = 0, with positive red, and negative green).  However, he also wants the measure to always display as a positive number (even when it's really a negative number), which conflicts with the conditional color limit because the conditional color limit references the actual value of the measure, not the display value.  In fact, more generally, I think the real issue here is that he wants 2 values for the measure -- a computed value and a display value -- which I don't think can be achieved in Qlik Sense.

So, for example, the measure returns a negative number.  He wants the measure label to read something like "decreased", the value to display as a positive number (to not confuse the user with the "decreased" verbiage), and the measure value to appear in green.  If the measure returns a positive number, he wants the measure label to read something like "increased", the value to display as a positive number, and the measure value to appear in red.

Is it possible to achieve these seeming conflicting requirements?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
bharatchauhan
Contributor II
Contributor II

You can use show hide container extension to create two object, one with red color and other with green then write condition in show hide if value > 0, green will be displayed else red will be displayed.

Hope this might help you get through the users requirement.