Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin22
Partner - Contributor III

"Zlib error" when creating Excel file ?

Hi,

Today, I encountered a rather curious error when trying to export data : I used the right-click on a sheet to export an Excel file, and I got the following error message : "zlib error when adding a subfile to the xlsx file".

I never encountered it before, and I haven't seen another post on it.

Can anyone help on this case ?

Best regards,

Martin.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Martin22
Author

Hi,

The issue has been resolved :
What happened is we tried to export too much data, and the repetition of these tests, added with huge temp files piling up on the virtual machine, created this error.
Now that we have deleted the temp files, and that we have added a way for users to check the number of rows before exporting data, everything is OK.

Best regards,

Martin.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Did you take these export actions on a viZlib object?

if yes, then perhaps the issue is with the viZlib extension itself. In which case it may be resolved by updating your extensions or contacting Vizlib support and reporting the issue there. 

Assuming it is indeed a vizlib extension object within your Qlik Sense dashboard.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Martin22
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

The export wasn't from a viZlib object, it was from a table, from the standard Qlik Sense graphs.

I ran more tests since my post, and here is what I found :

-Since the table contained more data than the export limit, I exported the data month by month.

-I encountered the error on the seventh export.

-Once I encountered the error, I wasn't able to export any more data, even if I selected a month I previously exported.

Best regards,

Martin.

Martin22
Author

Hi,

The issue has been resolved :
What happened is we tried to export too much data, and the repetition of these tests, added with huge temp files piling up on the virtual machine, created this error.
Now that we have deleted the temp files, and that we have added a way for users to check the number of rows before exporting data, everything is OK.

Best regards,

Martin.