Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taha_mansoor
Creator
Creator

to use different colors for two measures using color by expression

Hi All

I have a case where I am using two measures in combo chart. Measure1 is Sales and Measure2 is Budget. My Sales values is going -ve in november month which I need to show as positive. My original chart looks like below:

taha_mansoor_0-1637048157791.png

I am using fabs() to make the -ve value +ve and using color by expression where I am using this expression: if(Sum(Sales)<0, Red, Blue()) and then my chart appears as below:

taha_mansoor_2-1637048912314.png

The problem here is that the Measure2 representation, i.e. line, also takes the impact of the color expression which I don't want. I want the budget line(Measure2) to be single color (yellow) as show in my original char above and Sale bars(Measure1) color to be dynamic based on the expression I have written in color by expression section.

Any idea how to control this? do I need to control via expression code or is there any feature that can help?

I can't go for color by measure using segments color definition inside the master measure because when I am defining the expression for my master measure I am already using fabs() in it to make the value positive, hence it will not get any -ve value at all, I believe.

I am using Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows June 2020 version.

Thanks 

Taha

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

This feature was added in MAy 2021 version

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2021/Content/Sense_Helpsites/WhatsNew/What-is-ne...

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
taha_mansoor
Creator
Creator
Author

Alright. Is there any work around if upgrade is not an option for me.