Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Lineage Connector

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install Qlik Lineage Connector mainly because I would like to know how it works. I followed a video, however, I am getting the following error:

Rolando_Montero_0-1649269813958.png

I have created a local admin user to run this service and I have tried that account and the one that runs Qlik Sense services as well with the same result. Additionally, I have the 4.8 .NET Framework version. What permissions should that user have in order to install QLC correctly? 

Best regards

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

did you use the username like domain\username or username@domain?

The later one should work, so in your case username@pcname (if local account)

see the screenshots here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikLineageConnectors/ql...

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello!

Yes, I have used DOMAIN\USERNAME format. I created a local admin account with Log on a service rights. I have also tried the Qlik Sense service admin that is local as well. Yesterday I watched the video and they use just the name of the user and it worked haha. Unfortunately, I do not have a domain since this is a lab server for studying and testing purposes only. 

Thanks for you answer! I really appreciated. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

did you use the username like domain\username or username@domain?

The later one should work, so in your case username@pcname (if local account)

see the screenshots here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikLineageConnectors/ql...

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello!

Yes, I have used DOMAIN\USERNAME format. I created a local admin account with Log on a service rights. I have also tried the Qlik Sense service admin that is local as well. Yesterday I watched the video and they use just the name of the user and it worked haha. Unfortunately, I do not have a domain since this is a lab server for studying and testing purposes only. 

Thanks for you answer! I really appreciated. 

akhand36
Contributor
Contributor

I tried it a little over a year ago. It worked pretty well, but I had issues with external tables and concurrency on the Azure side. The Dbt-Spark connector did work for me, but Synapse Analytics didn't have a spark connection at the time and was all.sorts of goofy. When I began testing Dbt-Spark with Databricks it worked well but Delta live tables were released that same month.