Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

15 second restriction on posts

Hi Guys

Anyone else having trouble posting comments on the community?  keeps saying I have to wait 15 secs when I wait over a minute and its actually posting nothing.

Guess this is the recent spam related fix but it seems to have some unintended consequences.

I'm using IE11.

Regards

Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I haven't read carefully enough that you mean comments to documents or blogs and not normal questions - yes there are currently security restrictions caused through the spam attacs which have unfortunately side-effects

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it's rather related to the IE11 as browser. Often helpful is also to clear the browser-cache.

- Marcus

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Cleared the cache and still getting this when trying to post a comment to the blog.  Very strange as I can reply to posts no problem on the same broswer

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

As an update I get the same issue on Firefox.

It keeps asking me if I want to recover my message I click delete and I paste in the same message again and it gives the same 15 seconds error message.

I try recover and submit and it gives the same message.  I swapped browser/cleared cache and its still available to recover.

I'm wondering if its an issue with adding comments to blogs and documents?  As I cant rate documents either.

marcus_sommer

I haven't read carefully enough that you mean comments to documents or blogs and not normal questions - yes there are currently security restrictions caused through the spam attacs which have unfortunately side-effects

- Marcus

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Mmmmm perhaps they should do some sort of community update to make everyone aware especially when they announce a load of new missions which use the restricted functionality at the same time.

Not a great experience although I know that spammer has been busy lately and needs to be dealt with.  Hopefully everything will get back to normal soon.

Thanks for your help

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your discussion. The functionality should up and running shortly. Marcus is right we have been battling spam and this is an unfortunate side effect with some of the protective actions we had to take.

Thanks for your patience,

Sara

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Thanks for the update Sara.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Does this restriction includes Resources Library?

I can not create new post nor edit my drafts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it does- document versioning and editing. We should be back to normal shortly once the spam situation subsides. Thanks for your patience,

Sara