Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin-Albert

Attach button not visible

I find that the attach option is not always available when replying to posts on the forum.

This happens in both IE11 and chrome so is not a browser issue.

I can see @Mention but the Attach option is not shown on the majority of occasions.

How do I get the attach option visible?

Thanks

Colin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert
Author

I think I have found the answer.

If I open the thread from my Inbox and click Reply, then the option to use the Advanced Editor is not available.

If I go to the forum where the original post was first posted, open the post there, then click reply, then the Advanced Editor option is available and I can add an attachment. 

Not sure why these two routes to reply should give different functionality.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Colin

Click on Use advanced editor.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable

Hi,

Hope this helps.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/70515

Thanks

AJ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This is for the old website and not the new one. The only way to do an attachment is to use advance editor.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Colin-Albert
Author

Thanks for the quick response.

Can the advanced editor be set as a default?

Colin-Albert
Author

When I click reply to your comment, I do not get the option to change to the advanced editor as shown in the screen-shot below. I can insert an image but not an attachment.

attach.JPG.jpg

Colin-Albert
Author

I think I have found the answer.

If I open the thread from my Inbox and click Reply, then the option to use the Advanced Editor is not available.

If I go to the forum where the original post was first posted, open the post there, then click reply, then the Advanced Editor option is available and I can add an attachment. 

Not sure why these two routes to reply should give different functionality.

sakshikaul
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

can you please attach the screenshot?