Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Better be safe than sorry - export your community bookmarks NOW!

Hi all,

as you might have heard, Qlik is moving its community platform from JIVE to Lithium, starting 9/11/2018, which is tomorrow!

Though it's expected that all thread content will be migrated and the internal links should still work, the community bookmark feature is not coming over, according to Melissa Potvin.

So better be safe than sorry, I would recommend everyone using the platform bookmark feature, to export the content.

If you don't know what I am talking about at all, you are probably not affected.

Best

Stefan

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And a second TODO: Connections won't migrate either, so it appears that you will have to re-create your list of friends in the new environment by hand.

That task will be a lot easier if you (per the advice of Melissa Potvin) took screenshots of current connections in your Profile before Monday November 12th the evening of Friday November 9th EST. .

Further information about useful pre-migration tasks in this public document: Optional Tasks Prior to Migration

Good luck,

Peter

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

fantastic and thank you for helping to get the word out Stefan!

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

thank you Peter !!!!   really appreciate you helping here. 

egerez1984
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, can I recover my bookmarks?

I just found out about this. This is very bad, how is it possible that the bookmarks get lost??

docpuddu
Creator
Creator

...the same for me and for, I suppose, thousands of user!

I lost also my ranking, my badges...

Hey Qlik people out there, is everything going as expected ?

kathrinespang
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Do you have an update on when old content will be up again. There seem to be a lot missing. Searches that used to give loads of threads now only give one or two (and unfortunately for me not the relevant ones). Also found a fair bit of broken URL:s

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,   thank you for your feedback.  We only went live last evening at 7:00 PM ET so we are still evaluating and assessing.   We are documenting and investigating all issues as they are reported.  We will deliver a way to communicate all of these things to the community today.  I appreciate your patience.

docpuddu
Creator
Creator

Okay now, after a few days, the general situation here in the new Qlik community is definitely better than at the beginning.

Search engines crawled pretty well, there are translation (redirections) from old to new path, so now I can easily access  past (huge and extremely important) content.

In term of personal bookmarks, likes, badges etc, it seems there's still something to fix, but no worries, that is not a big issue.

In the end, everything is going to be okay, so kudos to Qlik staff!

/A