Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Cannot attach .qvs file to post on community

Hi @Sue_Macaluso @Melissa_Potvin 

This is just a quick one - I noticed that .qvs files are not accepted as attachements on community. This type of file is default for Qlik scripts so maybe it would be worth adding it if possible?

I am aware that workaround is to zip the file and I am doing it now.

Also I am not sure if I am not duplicating this post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Community-Corner/Can-t-attach-qvw-file/td-p/1512864 as it has similar nature (just differetn file type)

thanks and regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Thanks again Lech. I have added the QVS file extensions allowed. You should be able to attach a QVS file now. Any issues let me know. Sue

Sue Macaluso

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz I will look into this and get back to you. 

Sue Macaluso
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Thanks again Lech. I have added the QVS file extensions allowed. You should be able to attach a QVS file now. Any issues let me know. Sue

Sue Macaluso
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi @Sue_Macaluso 

I was happy too early..

It allows me to attach it - but when I press on "Reply" button  to post my comment attachement is being removed.. see screenshot...

side comment: qvs files are just text files with qvs file extension instead of txt. That extension is used then in text editiors like Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code to higlight syntax... 

2021-02-18_09-02-52.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz You should be able to attach. We are opening a case with our vendor on this. I will keep you posted. Thank you!

Sue Macaluso
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Testing testing 1... 2... 3..., It seems like it is still not working,

1.png

attaching my qvs as zip so you can unpack it and try to add it to as atachement to this thread

thanks

Lech

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz I will let you know when we have a fix. This is an open case with our vendor now. Thank you for your patience. 

Sue Macaluso
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

ok - I misunderstood...

will wait for an update.

regards

Lech

johnson111
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for sharing.

johnson111
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks again Lech. I have added the QVS file extensions allowed. You should be able to attach a QVS file now. Any issues, let me know. Sue.