Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Community post improvement by adding software version + SR

Hi @Sue_Macaluso @Anonymous @Melissa_Potvin 

I would put it as an "IDEA", but we dont have "Ideas" section for Community corner....

Myself, @Ruggero_Piccoli@Daniel_Jenkins , @Frank_S  and few other people are daily involved in NPrinting part of community. The most frustrating thing about answering to questions is to get from users information what version of software they are using and with which Qlik product. Is NPrinitng 16 or 17... Is it with QlikView or Qlik Sense... Which version... what SR of NPrinintg etc...

It would be extremly helpful to introduce compulsory fields to be filled up when posting NPrinting posts. Those fields would be:

• NPrinitng version: (this could be dropdown with all available versions)
  • QlikView or Qlik Sense + dropdown to choose versions

This small (or maybe huge) improvement would prevent us from writing all over the same answers requesting info re versions.. See below how many of those we ask all the time - I just browsed few last posts and look what I found..

This would be a great help and I think it would also help catalogue correct answers for different versions of software and maybe enhance search capabilities!

Let me know what do you think about this idea..

Thanks & reagrds

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labels (3)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz . Too often the first answer we give in the community is to request information that should already be present since the first post. Not for us, I mean, but for the customer/parter. Inserting the sw versions, screenshot, steps to reproduce and other details directly in the first post will speed up the answer. We will understand the issue from the beginning and go directly to the solution.

Also a sticky post with all instructions about how to insert a question correctly will be useful.

Many community sites have also a search in the official help during the typing of the question. A similar solution will also be useful because many question are already answered in the help site but it seems that some people try to use NP without reading the help.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz Hi Lech,  Thanks for this we really appreciate the feedback.  The good news is that we plan to add labels with versions in the Nprinting forum that folks will be required to choose so this should help.  I am hoping this gets done by next week. 

Sue Macaluso

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Hey Lech, I just wanted you to know that I have posted the instructions and announcement in the NPrinting forum.  We will require the labels starting on 9/6. Here is a link to the document: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/IMPORTANT-PLEASE-READ-Labels-in-NPrinting-for...

Sue Macaluso

17 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz . Too often the first answer we give in the community is to request information that should already be present since the first post. Not for us, I mean, but for the customer/parter. Inserting the sw versions, screenshot, steps to reproduce and other details directly in the first post will speed up the answer. We will understand the issue from the beginning and go directly to the solution.

Also a sticky post with all instructions about how to insert a question correctly will be useful.

Many community sites have also a search in the official help during the typing of the question. A similar solution will also be useful because many question are already answered in the help site but it seems that some people try to use NP without reading the help.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz Hi Lech,  Thanks for this we really appreciate the feedback.  The good news is that we plan to add labels with versions in the Nprinting forum that folks will be required to choose so this should help.  I am hoping this gets done by next week. 

Sue Macaluso
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Fantastic news! Thank you!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

yeah, we are excited too! 🙂 this will be an excellent update for our community!
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Hi Lech,  I wanted to just let you know we are in the process of loading the labels, and working on a communication which will be posted in the NPrinting forum in the coming days (might flow into next week).  I wanted to let you know where we were. 

Sue Macaluso
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

This is probably little bit too late, but also I would suggest to put some infotext next to the labels telling users why magnitude of the right version chosen from the list is so important (that depending on the version chosen solution may be different... etc...).

This is only to prevent people from chosing first available value from the list....or maybe I should have more faith in people ?? 🤔 😁

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

great - I just can't wait for it 🙂

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi @Sue_Macaluso 

I have seen labels loaded, however it seems like they are not compulsory and you can still post a question without selecting label (I have tested it here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Testing-use-of-labels-in-NPrinitng-communit...).

The whole point was that it needs to be compulsory so people would think twice  before posting a question and they would provide version of NPrinting (compulsory) and version of QlikView/Qlik Sense (also compulsory).

Hope this can be implemented.

cheers

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Hi Lech,  Yes they are loaded, however, we first need to communicate with the subscribers.  We need to give them a little bit of time.  So they will be mandatory but not for about a week.  Does that make sense? Thanks Sue

Sue Macaluso