cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Community user sub titles

I notice that different users have different sub titles next to their profile name. Some of the sub titles are pretty self explained such as Support, Employee, MVP and Luminary, but some aren't. Is it a kind of hierarchy ? Valued, new and honored? I, II and III? 

How is the classification done? Is it automatic based on activity in the community as nd/or based on the user relation to Qlik (employee, customer, partner etc.?)

It think it is a  good to have some kind of info page explaining the different sub titles  for the users.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar  I just put together a brief document that explains the rankings.  Here is the link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Getting-Started-and-How-To-s/Qlik-Community-Rankings/ta-p/1586354

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Sue Macaluso

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar  Hi, great question and yes I agree we should document this and have it out there.  To briefly answer your question some of the subtitles (AKA ranks) we manually put there on some groups of people such as MVP's , Luminaries and Support.  If not manually titled with rank the system issues based on participation. For example, a beginner will be ranked with "New Member" which as they participate more will go through a few other ranks eventually advancing to the next level.  I actually might have a diagram of this that I will include in the document.  That being said the ranks should give an idea to the members on their expertise based on participation.  Does this make sense?  I will add this to my to do list for sure. 

Sue Macaluso
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

i believe there used to be a diagram publicly available for the community rankings in older version (before migration)
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar  I just put together a brief document that explains the rankings.  Here is the link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Getting-Started-and-How-To-s/Qlik-Community-Rankings/ta-p/1586354

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks. It gives a good general overview. I notice you mention a P icon. Are you intending to add it to all Partner Employees or only certain individuals within your partner organization? 

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

I imagine its to any partner. I am fairly new, but I can't imagine anything else.  I also imagine it is manually added.  I looked at your profile and looks like your partner.  Would you like me to look into getting this on your profile?

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Sure, please do that.

-Vegar