Qlik Community

Community Corner

Discussion board for questions about the Qlik Community, its features, sharing information, general discussions and even some fun. This is for both new and longtime community members. Everyone is welcome!

Not applicable

Compare a period of months against last year??

Hello everybody!

I'm a new user from Qlikview and I'm stucked with a couple of expressions.

I'm trying to compare same two periods of months; the first is from current year and the second is the previous year.

My first expression is this one:

Sum ( { $ < EstatusCredito = { 'Activo' , 'Cerrada' } , FC_Year = { $(=Max(FC_Year)) } > } Capital )

This actually works properly.

The second one is this one:

Sum ( { $ < EstatusCredito = { 'Activo' , 'Cerrada' } , FC_Year = { $(=Max(FC_Year)-1) } , FC_Month = { $(=Month(Max(FC_MonthYear))) } >  } Capital )

Second one is my headache! Because it always returns only the current month, from last year. What I want is a sum from January (previous year) to the curent month (previous year)

Could anyone help, please?

Thanks!

Nathan T.

Tags (2)
4 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Compare a period of months against last year??

may be for previous year (all months from jan to max month)

=sum({$<EstatusCredito = { 'Activo' , 'Cerrada' }, FC_Year ={$(=max(FC_Year )-1)},FC_Month ={"<=$(=(max(FC_Month )))"}>} Capital )

I don't understand why you use two different fields for month, FC_Month and  FC_MonthYear

Not applicable

Hey Nathan,

Maybe this might help you

QlikView App: Set Analysis - Prior Period Comparison

Its highly informative.

Not applicable

Hello,

It didn't work 'cause it returns a sum of the whole year. 2013 in this case.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very good. In this case I'm comparing Jan-Apr 2014 vs Jan-Apr 2013; it's because my Max Date is Today()-2. So, that's why I'm comparing same periods, different year.

That's with no filters. But if I select Year 2013, it must compare Jan-Dec 2013 vs Jan-Dec 2012. Same with 2012, it'd be Jan-Dec 2012 vs Jan-Dec 2011.

FC_MonthYear was created in my calendar from this: MonthName(Tempdate) as FC_MonthYear.

Not applicable

Thanks, Ajay!

It's great for day-to-day comparison. But actually I need a full period comparison.