Qlik Community

Community Corner

Discussion board for questions about the Qlik Community, its features, sharing information, general discussions and even some fun. This is for both new and longtime community members. Everyone is welcome!

Announcements
Leverage your QlikView investment to modernize BI – see how! Join Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Could'nt able to fetch databases

Hello,

I'm trying get all the databases using a GetDatabases method from  Engine API Explorer, 

i passed the connectionid, as the request expecting qconnectionId, though i'm getting empty list but there are databases available for that connection as i am having all grant permissions . but i di'nt understand why i am getting empty list

if some one provide me a solution with request object would be more informative and helpful

thanks     

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Could'nt able to fetch databases

I do not believe we expose the entire Engine API for the desktop

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pavan Hi, Are you using QlikView or Sense?  I would like to move this into the correct product forum. Thanks

Sue Macaluso
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Qlik Sense Desktop free trial.. and i am not able to activate license can you also guide me with steps ?

thanks.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hello Pavan - let's see if @Brian_Munz  or @Yianni_Ververis  or even @ErikWetterberg perhaps can help guide you. 

Yianni / Erik / Brian - is this something that can work with Desktop? I know we include the API explorer in the developer console, so I would assume so. 

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

I do not believe we expose the entire Engine API for the desktop

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yianni_Ververis,

Thanks for the response, 

Can you tell me, for premium, is Qlik Sense exposes the complete databases for the connection? 

and if, for desktop does'nt supports, where can i fetch the databases?   

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks 

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Yes, with Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik Core, with an authenticated connection like certs or JWT, you can query the database for apps, objects etc.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2019/APIs/EngineAPI/index.html

Yianni