Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavan
Contributor
Contributor

Could'nt able to fetch databases

Hello,

I'm trying get all the databases using a GetDatabases method from  Engine API Explorer, 

i passed the connectionid, as the request expecting qconnectionId, though i'm getting empty list but there are databases available for that connection as i am having all grant permissions . but i di'nt understand why i am getting empty list

if some one provide me a solution with request object would be more informative and helpful

thanks     

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

I do not believe we expose the entire Engine API for the desktop

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pavan Hi, Are you using QlikView or Sense?  I would like to move this into the correct product forum. Thanks

Sue Macaluso
pavan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am using Qlik Sense Desktop free trial.. and i am not able to activate license can you also guide me with steps ?

thanks.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Pavan - let's see if @Brian_Munz  or @Yianni_Ververis  or even @ErikWetterberg perhaps can help guide you. 

Yianni / Erik / Brian - is this something that can work with Desktop? I know we include the API explorer in the developer console, so I would assume so. 

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

I do not believe we expose the entire Engine API for the desktop

pavan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Yianni_Ververis,

Thanks for the response, 

Can you tell me, for premium, is Qlik Sense exposes the complete databases for the connection? 

and if, for desktop does'nt supports, where can i fetch the databases?   

pavan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks 

Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Yes, with Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik Core, with an authenticated connection like certs or JWT, you can query the database for apps, objects etc.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2019/APIs/EngineAPI/index.html

Yianni