cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Further thoughts on Qlik Community Guidelines

It's good to see that there are now some published Usage Guidelines for Qlik Community , thank you Sara Leslie for adding these to the site.  I had been thinking this was something that was required and drafted my thoughts on what should go into some guidelines.  Some of these items have been addressed in the official guidelines, others have not.  I would welcome the thoughts of others as to whether any of these should be incorporated into the official site guidelines.

1. Please search for answers before asking your question, some common questions have been asked (and answered) many times already.

2. Please mark answers as correct or helpful when they are either of these things - this helps other users find answers to their questions and assists those looking to give advice to find where their input can be useful.

3. Do not post the same question into many groups - pick the one that is most appropriate.  This reduces duplication of threads and means that thoughts on resolutions to issues are all in one place.

4. Please use the Community to increase your knowledge to solve your own problems - you should however not expect other contributors to necessarily provide fully working applications in response to your queries.  No one has a specific duty to do your job for you!

5. Posts that simply state that you agree with another contributor add little to a thread and can often simply add clutter.  If you think a response is a good one please use the Like button to acknowledge this - future readers can then see that a much Liked response may be worth extra consideration.

6. Do not upload other peoples work without proper attribution - or better still post a link to the other material so that it can be viewed in context.  Under no circumstances post copyrighted material to the Community.

7. Be careful when uploading data to the Community - an example of an issue can be helpful but please ensure you are not sharing sensitive information.

8. Get involved and enjoy!  Qlik Community is a great resource and you will get out of it what you put in.

Those are just my thoughts, I'm sure others in the Community will have their own thoughts.  Feel free to share your comments below.

Steve

30 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The same overview still exists - more or less- if you go to a specific forum and select the "Content" tab. The list of threads is shown with a lot of extra info. The field underneath All Content can be used to search through these threads.

But the global search has lost that feature...

Search isn't used as often as we would like, mainly because to some people it seems like a waste of time. With the number of members eager to post answers and earn points these days, there is nothing as effective as submitting a question again and waiting for someone to post a useful answer, a working application or a piece of script code. Now we're almost back to the mass posters of questions, I guess.