Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

High Five - December 2021, Henric Cronström

HIC.png

Every so often, we like to make sure we feature a stand-out Qlikkie. So, this December, we wanted to do something super special and honor someone known at Qlik as a legend, a superhero. He is employee number 3 and respected by all at the highest levels! So, we are pleased to announce this month's featured member is none other than Qlik Vice President of Products, Henric Cronström, referred to in Qlik and the Community as HIC.

Henric joined Qlik in 1994, right after the company was founded. At Qlik, he has had several different roles: He was product manager for QlikView for the first few years. He then moved into solution implementation and training.  After many years in the field, including a manager for the technical staff in QlikTech Germany, he returned to Sweden. There, Henric served as deputy manager for the development organization, then as a technical product advocate.

Henric is a principal product designer at Qlik. In his current role, his main task is to design features close to the engine: scripting and functions, etc. He also works with technical product communication, on blogs, in the press, and directly with large accounts and user groups. His area of expertise is advanced application development, scripting, and data modeling.

Henric has a doctorate in elementary particle physics from the University of Lund. Outside of work, he enjoys traveling with his wife and spending time with his two adult children. In addition, he loves photography and being out in nature.

Please join us by honoring Henric with a "High Five" by hitting the like button and commenting. Perhaps there's a memory you could share about a meeting with him! Let's show this extraordinary legend how much we appreciate him inside and outside the Qlik Community. @Melissa_Potvin @Jamie_Gregory @hic 

Sue Macaluso
Labels (1)
16 Replies
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

WOW,  all the love for HIC is amazing and I know there are many other members out there that feel the same way.  Thank you @Henric_Cronström for your unwavering support of Qlik Community and it's members.  

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I learned a lot by reading the HIC posts. Much deserved. Congratulations.

furtado@farolbi.com.br
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Congratulation @hic!

I cannot express how many times I came back to your blog posts to go through various topics you have covered. What strikes me is your ability to describe or talk about complex things in structured and simple way. Not many people have that gift of teaching other people so they can understand regardless of the level of their knowledge. I remember being new to Qlik many years ago and going through BOM topic you have written and being able to re-apply it to my use case. It was a great help and my then first application made a big impact on how my company could manage supply chain and logistics

Then reading many other topics and still learning new things. Also using reference to conceptual posts, like the one about QIX engine when talking to people who have not used Qlik before and struggle to understand concepts is a great help.

Thanks for all your inputs and congratulations once again!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
its_anandrjs

Congratulations @Henric_Cronström, We learn a lot from you congratulations.

Regards,

Anand

l_kriukeliene
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Congratulations @Henric_Cronström ! Warmest wishes from Lithuania and thanks for the amazing presentation in our Qlik events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08ahXp_918 (Qlik Customer Day 2019 Vilnius, Lithuania) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wevhFK_AID8 (Qlik Vilnius Meetup, 2019). 

jeannine_boot
Employee
Employee

Congratulations, Legend HIC! It's always a dream to work with you and to see how you bring enthusiasm to our many Qlik Fans! 

Digvijay_Singh

Congratulations!!! Thanks for your amazing blogs for so many years, I use them always whenever in trouble.