Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

High Five - October 2021, Marco Wedel

MarcoWedel.png

Hello October! Better late than never, as we could not pass on an opportunity to give a High Five to a Community member that stands out. This member has made nearly 6K posts, has given and received thousands of likes, and received more than 800 of his posts marked as solutions. He also subscribed to our Events & Webinar page, so he doesn’t miss any learning opportunities. Okay, fine, a shameless plug for our Events page 😊.  It is with great pleasure to introduce a true leader by example, the well-known Qlik Community MVP, Marco Wedel.

Marco has been a Community member since 2011. He mentioned that his Community contribution was his way of self-teaching Qlik development skills. Marco finds it convenient to read questions, issues, and requirements to find solutions. By doing this, he learned about functionalities and techniques he didn’t already know. Marco also compared his answers to other Community members and found in many cases; there were ways of solving issues in shorter, more efficient ways than he could have come up with on his own.

A stand-out Community feature for Marco is how members can define a small table of data within the text of a thread to describe a question. At the same time, this table can directly load into an example application to propose a solution. Thus, one of the primary purposes of the Qlik Community is that it became a vast repository of example applications that demonstrate solutions to lots of different questions. Wow, that is so awesome!

Please join us in giving Marco a “High Five” by adding a like and a comment to show much we appreciate his contributions to the Qlik Community. @MarcoWedel @Melissa_Potvin @Jamie_Gregory 

Sue Macaluso
Labels (1)
10 Replies
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations @MarcoWedel !

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a correct resolution 🙂
Saravanan_Desingh

Congratulations @MarcoWedel 

You were one of my inspiration when I started working in Qlikview in 2015. I still have a separate folder for you with all your responses to this Community. 

MayilVahanan

Congratulations @MarcoWedel !

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Congrats @MarcoWedel   Your solutions are different than others i learned a lot from you thank you so much 🙂

Taoufiq_Zarra

Congratulations @MarcoWedel

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
jeannine_boot
Employee
Employee

Fabulous, congratulations @MarcoWedel!!!!

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saravanan_Desingh   That is very kind of you to let Marco know that 🙂 

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarcoWedel  Marco, our community is incredibly lucky to have you!  You have helped countless people and continue to do so.  Thank you for all you do for Qlik Community! 

MarcoWedel

Many thanks to you all. I'm glad to be able to contribute to this community.