Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeroen_wagner
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How come someone can fill up the community with spam, while everything I post, needs to be moderated first?

How come someone can fill up the community with spam, while everything I post, needs to be moderated first?
spam.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its all about them finding gaps. Unfortunately. That's why I'm up at 12:40 am deleting spam and spammer accounts. They hit all the big communities and we just have to do what we can.

Thanks for your patience,

Sara

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have moderation processes in place to help prevent spam attacks like the one we experienced this morning. These spam attacks are just as frustrating to us as they are to you, our members.

The processes we have in place usually work well at preventing spam content from going live in the community, but every once in a while they are able to get through anyway. When this happens, we take it down as quickly as possible, analyze the content, and refine our processes to prevent the same technique from being used in the future.

If you'd like more information about our moderation processes for member submitted content, please see the following thread:

We are always working hard to make sure Qlik Community is the best resource it can be for our members. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Moderation Team

jeroen_wagner
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That I understood... it just stumped me that they get through somehow without moderation 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its all about them finding gaps. Unfortunately. That's why I'm up at 12:40 am deleting spam and spammer accounts. They hit all the big communities and we just have to do what we can.

Thanks for your patience,

Sara