Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilip1234
Creator
Creator

How to set the visibility of Qlik object dynamically?

Hi,

I have 2 buttons ("Inspection Risk" and "Inspection Year"), 2 charts ("Inspection Risk Chart" and "Inspection Year Chart") and one geoanalytics map in my Qlik  mashup.  

When I load mashup initially then only one chart default "Initially Risk Chart" should display along with geo analytics map. But if user wish to see "Inspection Year" chart then user can click on "Inspection Year" button.

Question here is that how can I dynamically load these chart on user demands?

What I have tried:

I created 2 html <div> section. In one section I have loaded Risk chart and in other Year chart. Initially I am showing Risk chart only and Year chart is hidden. When user clicks on Year chart button then I am showing Year chart.

But problem here is chart will only display when div is visible. For hidden container chart won't get display.

Please suggest how can we do that?

Thanks

Dilip Solanki

Thanks
Dilip Solanki
Labels (3)
3 Replies
Donicc
Contributor II
Contributor II

For example, create a variable called 'vShow'. Have the button Inspection Risk set the variable vShow = 'Inspection' and the button Inspection Year set vShow = 'Year'.

Then in the chart's Properties --> Layout tab, set the Show option to Conditional and set the formula to vShow='Inspection' or vShow = 'Year' respectively.

dilip1234
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Donnic,

Thanks for the revert.

I am new to Qlik. Just one clarification required: Where can I see this layout tab? I have checked the properties of my chart but there is no Layout tab/option.

ChartOptions.PNG

Please correct me If I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks

Dilip Solanki

Thanks
Dilip Solanki
Donicc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Apologies, I thought we were doing Qlikview. In Qlik Sense, I believe it's under Data Handling...

QSenseConditional.png