Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I keep getting SPAM email notifications from Forum

I've checked all my settings but everytime anyone comments on any question, I get an email.

It's freaking annoying and making me consider marking the email as Spam

8 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can change the settings in your Profile --> Manage Email Notifications

Not applicable
Author

Tried that, it only shows my questions there, but I still receive every single email and notification

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Strange as there is no such option.

Check out also Profile --> Edit preferences --> Email Notification Preferences

if you have not already done so.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah tried that. Went through every option under User Preferences.

I'm just going to change my email address to a fake email address.

Helluva frustrating, but seems to be a bug in the website.

Not applicable
Author

Oh and you can't change your email address in your profile settings as it's locked.

So looks like Qlikview will now be regarded as SPAM in my inbox.

Pretty piss poor

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Justin

Apparently, the email is you "key identifier" it can only be changed by QlikTech / Moderators.

You can ask that to Sara Leslie : http://community.qlik.com/people/sli

You probably received the messages from your post or groups.

Since you tried the user preferences, I suggest you check your groups. On the menu on the right, you may find a 'Stop email notifications' button.

Hope it helps,

Erich

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Justin,

It sounds like you have opted into receive email updates in a sub community. We send out a weekly digest on Thursdays but all other email updates are 'opt-in'. Here are the examples and how to deal with them.

You are receiving emails from a sub-community ie Development. Go to that community page and on the right hand side under Actions/Notifications you will see either Receive email notifications OR Stop email notifications. Just click on Stop email notifications.

You would also receive email notifications when anyone comments on a thread or document you created so that you have the opportunity to respond to them. That is a built in function. If you feel that your thread or document doesn't need any more responses you can feel free to 'lock' it (found on that content items page under the Action menu).

Let me know if this takes care of the issue and thanks for posting your concern.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Justin,

I see that your also having concerns about your profile data. If you need to update your profile email address please feel free to submit a request directly to me at sli@qliktech.com

Thank you for sharing your concerns.