Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesmuir
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is there a digest format for the scripting stream?

Instead of having my email inbox filled with multiple email postings all day, I'd like to receive a daily digest of the postings to the script stream. Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do one of two things. First, you could turn the first Inbox setting off at the top of your Preferences:

2018-05-09 14_13_52-Your Preferences _ Qlik Community.png

Alternatively, if you still want to get emails for items that you're following in your Inbox, then you'll want to be intentional to choose to follow certain items in you Inbox, and other items in a Stream only. To set up a Stream, click on your name in the upper right corner, select Inbox & Activity from the drop-down menu. In the left sidebar, click on New Stream and give it the name Scripting.

Then, go to the Scripting page, and click on the "Follow" button (or it may say something else if you're already following it). Then, in the drop-down menu, uncheck the Inbox so that you don't get emails about it, and check the Scripting box to add it to your Scripting stream you created a moment ago.

2018-05-09 14_12_55-Space_ Scripting _ Qlik Community.png

Now, updates to this space will show up in your Scripting stream, but not in your Community Inbox, and therefore not in your email inbox.

2018-05-09 14_21_45-Scripting _ Qlik Community.png

This process is admittedly a bit confusing at first, but gets easier the more you use it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James,

If you're asking about the Qlik Community email preferences (as opposed to a Qlik application you're working on), you can adjust some of your settings. When logged in, click on your name in the upper right corner of any Community page and select Preferences from the drop-down menu. From there, you can turn on or off the various Inbox email settings, and further down you can also set how often you would like a Community Digest email.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Team

jamesmuir
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply, Jeremy.

I am on my preferences page and I see that the option to get a weekly digest is selected by default. That's fine. How do I stop receiving the individual emails that I am currently receiving?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do one of two things. First, you could turn the first Inbox setting off at the top of your Preferences:

2018-05-09 14_13_52-Your Preferences _ Qlik Community.png

Alternatively, if you still want to get emails for items that you're following in your Inbox, then you'll want to be intentional to choose to follow certain items in you Inbox, and other items in a Stream only. To set up a Stream, click on your name in the upper right corner, select Inbox & Activity from the drop-down menu. In the left sidebar, click on New Stream and give it the name Scripting.

Then, go to the Scripting page, and click on the "Follow" button (or it may say something else if you're already following it). Then, in the drop-down menu, uncheck the Inbox so that you don't get emails about it, and check the Scripting box to add it to your Scripting stream you created a moment ago.

2018-05-09 14_12_55-Space_ Scripting _ Qlik Community.png

Now, updates to this space will show up in your Scripting stream, but not in your Community Inbox, and therefore not in your email inbox.

2018-05-09 14_21_45-Scripting _ Qlik Community.png

This process is admittedly a bit confusing at first, but gets easier the more you use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to move this thread to the Community Information space, since it more closely fits the content of that space and other members may find it helpful there.