Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry_M
Partner - Contributor III

Is there any chance of having the old community site back online please?

Hi,

I don't regularly post on the Qlik community but as a Qlik Developer it is an invaluable daily resource for reference

I have hundreds of bookmarks which now don't work, instead I get a very nice message telling me to check my URL for typos 🙂

The user experience on the old forum in my opinion was much better, readability and the ability to find a solution quickly was much easier.

Also did I miss something or was the community asked/told about the move to a new format?

I'm sure I'm not the only one with these issues?  

29 Replies
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Thanks, that's great feedback! I can definately see what you mean with the use of space on the pages. 

I haven't even tried the responsive design for this new Community yet, but I'll check it out. My perception is that the Community can, and should serve all varieties of user levels, both technical and not. So I agree that uploading files wouldn't happen from a mobile device, but other topics could absolutely happen through a mobile or iPad etc. 

I'll bring the real-estate feedback with me back to the team, and we'll see how we can action on that! Thanks again!

All the best

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the feedback @jensmunnichs, and yes we are very much listening to feedback from all of you! 

Hope to be able to keep bringing you an awesome community with more and better features and functionality!

All the best and thanks again

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

we are working on this redirect today 🙂
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is awesome and I really appreciate you took the time to write this out. I will discuss all points with the team.
* for threaded comments (go to preferences>linear layout>threaded). We are working on making replies be indented too (woo hoo!) .
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

I'm assuming this is directed at me because I can't actually tell lol. Yeah I found another post about the threaded comments option, I tried it but honestly without the indenting that just becomes more confusing. In other words I'm happy to hear this is being worked on 🙂

Just one more piece of feedback: I think the community browser makes the site a lot easier to navigate, but it's not available on every page. For example when navigating to 'New to Qlikview', it's there for 'Qlikview', 'Qlikview discussions', but not on the actual 'New to Qlikview' page. Then when I open a post, it's there again.

Especially considering I've already seen some people complain that there is a lot of white space not being utilized, I think it would be great if the community browser was available on all (or most) pages and if it contained the full community sitemap, not just the map of the category you're currently in (so not just 'Qlik products' in this case).

Thanks again, and I'm sorry I keep using this post for more feedback, I just want to avoid creating new posts just for individual bits of feedback..

Harry_M
Author

Thanks Melissa, 

I have replied to your message, mostly echoes what  @jensmunnichs has said around real estate space. Much appreciated and it's great that you guys are open and responsive to feedback from the community, many thanks!

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will take this feedback back to the design team. many thanks!
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Just noticed threaded comments are now indented, though only up to 3 comments 'deep' I think? Already a lot better though, thanks a lot! 🙂
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hi @jensmunnichs

Not 100% sure of how many replies get indented, but this was a low hanging fruit we could implement while we wait for a slightly better indentation-experience which we hope to launch in coming phases of the Community development. 

All the best

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

this might be helpful as well:

Access-to-old-Forum-still-available