cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Moderating external links

When posting replies to community with an external link, posts are frequently (always?)  placed under moderation in my experience. Understandable, but sometimes annoying as it sometimes takes quite some time before the post is moderated.

Would it not be possible and a good idea to whitelist some of the excellent and well known blog sites as these from this post?

The Qlikosphere, 18 blogs you should follow

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Thanks team, great ideas here. We have implemented a process that should make common links become whitelisted after approved. Hope this helps, thanks for the feedback!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Piet-Hein,

don't expect too much feedback when taking Moderation to the street: Community improvement - allow URLs that have already been moderated before

Good luck,

P.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's a good idea and it's been proposed before. Perhaps sli‌ and/or ext_rtp‌‌ can share their thoughts on this.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up, I've kicked this over to the technical side to see if there is something we can do about whitelisting. No guarantee it's feasible with the current packages, but we do listen.

For clarity, I see two potential issues here:

First, the whitelisting of commonly used URL's for purposes of not being held for moderation.

Second, listing many of those URL's (typically external resources) 'somewhere' on the site for new users to find.

Let me know if I've captured the concerns

Not applicable

Thanks team, great ideas here. We have implemented a process that should make common links become whitelisted after approved. Hope this helps, thanks for the feedback!

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Great news, thanks!