Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohan_forrester
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

New Community links to search engines

Hi All

Search engines, e.g. google, aren't translating search queries. 

The previous community's thread https://community.qlik.com/thread/150985

is now 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/QLIK-SENSE-Get-Current-Selected-Field/m-p/7....

Therefore all current search engine results will end with

search error.PNG

Best to search the community rather than using search engines for now.

4 Replies
wallerjc
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Anyway I can manually transform an old link into a new link? It's criminal they've made this change support is now very hard to find.

docpuddu
Creator
Creator

No, you can't. 

Old path and new content links are completely different.

So, if you (like me) stored some content in your browser bookmarks, now those links are completely lost.

Hope Qlik people are thinking about a redirection rules for the current website to make transition more smooth.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It will take some time until search engines crawl and index all contents with the new format (you can still get the previous to the previous URLs in some queries).

There is no way to manually convert former URLs to new ones, unless they build an app or macro for that. Former threads could have two URLs, one using keyword /thread/ID and the other /message/ID#ID

where ID was the numeric ID for the thread or message. As far as I can see, there is no "direct translation" between those.

Groups and spaces work, though, so there might be some work ongoing.

Finally, some links within threads will not work (e.g.: links within blog posts), include those that are pointing to the previous-previous Community (they didn't work in the previous one).

docpuddu
Creator
Creator

Okay now, after a few days, the general situation here in the new Qlik community is definitely better than at the beginning.

Search engines crawled pretty well, there are translation (redirections) from old to new path, so now I can easily access  past (huge and extremely important) content.

In term of personal bookmarks, likes, badges etc, it seems there's still something to fix, but no worries, that is not a big issue.

In the end, everything is going to be okay, so kudos to Qlik staff!

/A