Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

New platform: Any way to search for my posts, the ones I replied and the ones I authored?

Hi all,

is there an easy option to find all my posts, filtering on the ones I replied to question and the ones I authored?

I guess the subscription info under my profile could give me some information, but it's only showing posts starting from the migration and does not seem to have filter options.

Best

Stefan

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for joining us! The search index may still be rebuilding in the background for the next couple hours, so more content will be come available as that process completes.

If you go to your profile, and find the Latest Posts by Swuehl, at the bottom there's a link to View All.

Click that and you'll go to a page with all of your posts.

Best,

Jeremy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Found the same 100-page list as Jeremy explained, so that may be a start (at least for recent discussions). But the Search field isn't going to restrict its efforts to the list that is currently being displayed... I even tried with a Google-like prefix like "swuehl: *" but that doesn't work...

Is there an advanced search dialog somewhere that allows you to restrict the search scope to a particular community area or - more appropriately - to a single user?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is an advanced search, but I haven't found a direct link yet. So here is what I did instead:

* Selected "Qlik Products" from the hamburger menu.

* Did a search for "swuehl". The search results page appears. Clicked the "Advanced" Link on the right. 

* From the settings row, I can change the forum scope using the "Location" button (but apparently only for the tree underneath my initial selection e.g. "Qlik Products") and the User scope using the "User" button. The latter accepts free text.

That seems to work all right. But I wouldn't call it an "easy" option. 

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

if you search by a name, you will see a tab beneath for "posts" or "users" .  if you click on users you will see you can then click on their content, in my case it shows "45 posts"  which was clickable (I liked this) from profile page the number was not -  not sure it directly addresses your question but thought it may come in handy..

user profile  content.png

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

pretty cool tho! thank you for sharing.
marcus_sommer

Hi Melissa,

unfortunately this isn't very useful for people like Stefan and me because we have several thousands of these posts which includes each type of contribution we ever did. This means we would like to have the option to search and filter for the creator/owner of a posting and not only the author (which means everything). This kind of information should be available within the system because you couldn't LIKE your own posting or accept it as solution. We just need a possibility to filter for it.

- Marcus

ed_hoecker
Creator III
Creator III

Hallo Marcus,

ich kriege bald die Krise. Habe gestern einen Beitrag geposted den ich einfach nicht finde. Wie übrigens alle meine Beiträge nur schwer herauszufiltern sind. Und die Leiste links hat in eine Community m.E. nach nichts zu suchen. Das ist Werbung!

Schade das man sich entschieden hat ein solches Board zu zu verschlimmbessern.

Schon einen neuen Beitrag einzustellen ist nicht so einfach um die Stelle zu finden.

Gruß Edgar

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Hallo Edgar,

ja, das mit dem Suchen und Finden der alten Beiträge ist noch mühsam, ich hoffe und glaube aber, dass sich das noch verbessert, zum Einen wenn der Suchindex vollständig aufgebaut wurde und zum Anderen durch Änderungen an der Platform, hier sind die Moderatoren zum Teil schon dran.

Da müssen wir vielleicht noch ein paar Tage Geduld haben.

Das mit der Werbung habe ich nicht ganz verstanden, meinst du die Navigationsleiste links am Bildschirmrand?

Unter Qlik Products z.B. versteckt sich keine Werbung, sondern die Diskussionsforen zu den Produkten, also QlikView, QlikSense etc. Das gab es auf der alten Platform genauso.

Das Forum 'Community Help' ist nur für Fragen zur eigentlichen Forums-Software gedacht, nicht zu den Produkten.

Gruß

Stefan

ed_hoecker
Creator III
Creator III

Hallo Stefan,

danke für die Info, das hatte ich anders interpretiert. Weißt Du, wo ich diese automatische Übersetzung abschalten kann?

Ich habe einen Beitrag auf Deutsch geposted und der ist nach dem absenden in einer grauseligen, automatischen Übersetzung angezeigt worden.

Außerdem kann ich in meinem Profil als bevorzugte Sprache nur US Englisch und Englisch auswählen. Kommt das ggf. daher?

Edgar