Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No longer able to add a code box to a post

The code box option seems to have vanished from the tools available in the post editor:

New toolbox for post editsNew toolbox for post edits

This is true in Chrome and Firefox (current versions of each).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonathandienst and @Vegar ,

We've installed an update that removed the duplicate buttons and added the code button back into the Editor.

Click the three dots to expand the toolbar:

2019-05-03 Editor Expand Toolbar.png

The code button is "</>":

2019-05-03 Editor Code Button.png

Let me know if you continue to have any issues.

Have a great weekend!

Jeremy

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I also miss the code box. It is the styling feature that I use the most in the community forum.

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar @jonathandienst I will look into this and get back to you both. Sue Mac

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I also notice icons double up on several of the styling features such as bold, italic, photo, film, font and table.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonathandienst@Vegar, and @Sue_Macaluso,

Thanks for pointing these issues out.  The new editor menu is an early-release version of the feature, and there seem to be a few unexpected issues that didn't occur in our testing environment.

The new editor had a code button when testing this update, but as you noted, it is missing now in the live environment. 

The duplicated buttons are a result of the old editor buttons appearing apove the new editor, when they should have been replaced by the new buttons.

I will reach out to our platform provider to get these issues resolved.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonathandienst and @Vegar ,

We've installed an update that removed the duplicate buttons and added the code button back into the Editor.

Click the three dots to expand the toolbar:

2019-05-03 Editor Expand Toolbar.png

The code button is "</>":

2019-05-03 Editor Code Button.png

Let me know if you continue to have any issues.

Have a great weekend!

Jeremy

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Thanks

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

@Anonymous 
@Sue_Macaluso 

One minor issue is that it currently forces syntax highlighting, but not for Qlik scripts or expressions. If Qlik specific syntax highlighting is not possible, could we have plain text as another highlighting option?

Capture.PNG

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I second that. I have suggested the use of the Matthew Fryer Qlik syntax project in an earlier post:  Qlik Script syntax highlighter for code samples in the Qlik Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. I will check to see if we can add the plaintext and the Qlik scripts.