Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Output file name

Hello, wondering if anyone could help with the following.

Recently, after copying a new qvw file over an old qvw file, the output name has changed so that a "_0" is appended to the end of the name.

Is there a reason for this? Is it defined anywhere in the publisher/server/document setup what the name of the output file should be?

I really could do with removing this postfix because it affects the url that we want to distribute as a fixed url...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think I have sorted this out.

I deleted all of the files in the user folder in a command prompt as administrator (this is Windows Server 2008) and also deleted then recreated the publisher trigger.

One of the two steps above has seemed to have worked. I'm not sure if there were any hidden files in the user folder that was causing publisher to add the suffix or whether the trigger had become corrupted, but it seems to have resolved itself.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi and Welcome to the QlikCommunity,

Are you performing any distribution task with Publisher? Or do you mean that you copy/paste the file and that string appears in the file? If so, I'd rather check the OS for keeping backups instead of QlikView Server, if it's not a QlikView generated (published) document.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Yes, publisher is distributing the document to the QlikView server running on the same machine. When I say copy/paste I meant I have overwritten the source document in the Publisher source folder. So the problem is, after I have overwritten the source document, when the document is published/distributed, the name has changed to have "_0" appended to the source document name.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then does sounds like the source document folder and user document folder is the same, and Publisher is avoiding to overwrite (if it happens, all the script will be lost) and so adding a suffix so you have both original (source) and final (user) files in place.

Check that your Publisher task in the Reduce tab is not adding any suffix to the name of the file as a result of the reduction, or that if it does, it's working as expected.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The source document and user document folders are different, and I have deleted all of the documents out of the user document folder before re-running the source document through publisher - it still adds the suffix.

I will re-check the options in the publisher task, although I don't think there is any reduction set up - it is just a reload and distribute task.

Not applicable
Author

I think I have sorted this out.

I deleted all of the files in the user folder in a command prompt as administrator (this is Windows Server 2008) and also deleted then recreated the publisher trigger.

One of the two steps above has seemed to have worked. I'm not sure if there were any hidden files in the user folder that was causing publisher to add the suffix or whether the trigger had become corrupted, but it seems to have resolved itself.

Not applicable
Author

If you leave 'Save the reduced document with the following name:' blank in Reduce -> Reduced Document Name Qlik will add a suffix to the distributed qvw. Filling in %SourceDocumentName% solved it.