Qlik Community

Community Corner

Discussion board for questions about the Qlik Community, its features, sharing information, general discussions and even some fun. This is for both new and longtime community members. Everyone is welcome!

Announcements
Read about Qlik’s Response to COVID-19 Read the Letter, Join the Group.
Not applicable

Pass parameters for variables through the listbox and updating Stacked Column Chart?

Hey,

I am trying to create a movie review dashboard, with a dynamic stacked bar column chart connected to my database.I am pretty new in using Qlikview and trying to get familar with using the intereface, I've looked through a lot of documentation and i cant seem to figure out how to get my dashboard to work. I've manage to connect to the my database and create listboxes, but I am not sure how to create the chart. I want to be able to select 3 parameters from the listbox and display data on my chart...For example, here is my SQL statement

DECLARE @Month INT, @Year INT, @Device INT

SELECT survey, DATEPART(DAY, dateTime) AS [Day], COUNT(id) AS [Number of Movies]

FROM dbo.Movies

WHERE DATEPART(MONTH,dateTime) = @Month AND DATEPART(YEAR, dateTime) = @Year AND movie = @Movie

GROUP BY DATEPART(DAY, dateTime), survey

Does anyone know how I do pass parameters for my variables through the listbox and update my stacked column chart? I figure it something to do with the way I write my expression, but I am not sure even sure how or specifically what to write for one.

I was able to do this in an asp.net page but I would like implement this in Qlikview because I think this a great sofware. I am not lookging for like a step by step procedure, just some guidance or recommendations to how I should go about acheiving this. 

Thanks for help in advance

Cliff

3 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Pass parameters for variables through the listbox and updating Stacked Column Chart?

I think you haven't yet got the very basics of how QlikView works.  Given your obvious experience in other development languages you should pick it up very easily!  As a starting point, maybe follow the excercise here:

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/find-your-training?region=&city=&language=english&cl=1&ol=1...

There are some more good hints here - http://www.qlikfix.com/2011/01/18/how-to-get-started-with-qlikview/

Hope this helps,

Jason

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Jason, the resources you provided helped me build a dashboard

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

No problem. Please mark a correct answer to close the thread.

Jason