Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pass parameters for variables through the listbox and updating Stacked Column Chart?

Hey,

I am trying to create a movie review dashboard, with a dynamic stacked bar column chart connected to my database.I am pretty new in using Qlikview and trying to get familar with using the intereface, I've looked through a lot of documentation and i cant seem to figure out how to get my dashboard to work. I've manage to connect to the my database and create listboxes, but I am not sure how to create the chart. I want to be able to select 3 parameters from the listbox and display data on my chart...For example, here is my SQL statement

DECLARE @Month INT, @Year INT, @Device INT

SELECT survey, DATEPART(DAY, dateTime) AS [Day], COUNT(id) AS [Number of Movies]

FROM dbo.Movies

WHERE DATEPART(MONTH,dateTime) = @Month AND DATEPART(YEAR, dateTime) = @Year AND movie = @Movie

GROUP BY DATEPART(DAY, dateTime), survey

Does anyone know how I do pass parameters for my variables through the listbox and update my stacked column chart? I figure it something to do with the way I write my expression, but I am not sure even sure how or specifically what to write for one.

I was able to do this in an asp.net page but I would like implement this in Qlikview because I think this a great sofware. I am not lookging for like a step by step procedure, just some guidance or recommendations to how I should go about acheiving this. 

Thanks for help in advance

Cliff

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think you haven't yet got the very basics of how QlikView works.  Given your obvious experience in other development languages you should pick it up very easily!  As a starting point, maybe follow the excercise here:

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/find-your-training?region=&city=&language=english&cl=1&ol=1...

There are some more good hints here - http://www.qlikfix.com/2011/01/18/how-to-get-started-with-qlikview/

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jason, the resources you provided helped me build a dashboard

Thanks for your help!

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No problem. Please mark a correct answer to close the thread.

Jason