cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III

Pasting image in community thread

Hi, In previous community platform, i was able to copy and paste images into the posts. But in the new platform, i'm not able to. Is this issue only faced by me or anyone else. Also after typing an expression and posting, getting HTML error.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

update: a member in the lithosphere responded to my plea for help on copy/paste - so check this out.  I tested it and it did work:   https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Li-Discussions/Including-Screenshots-in-Forums-Discussions-Post/m...

not 100% what you are looking for but definitely better. 

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hi @jobsonkjoseph

For images you should use the Photos button (in red below) when posting a question or a reply. 

photos.JPG

Are you getting the HTML error after posting the expression in the main body of the text, or in the "code" section (highlighted in blue above)?

Best regards

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok. I think i'm only one affected here. Because i'm not getting any of those buttons when i post or reply. Attaching the screenshot for reference.
Mattias_Malré
Employee
Employee

Hmmm, that looks super strange. 

I should probably point out that I am feeling the platform having become a bit sluggish in the last 30 minutes, so it could be because of something happening on the backend of the platform currently. 

But otherwise I'd recommend you log out and then in again to see if that solves anything. 

I'll keep this under supervision. 

Thanks in advance

-Mattias

I accept cookies.
jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Mattias, I did logout and logged back in couple of times, still no luck. Also, comparing to Jive platform, this is a bit sluggish.
Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mattias, if problem does not rectify itself let's get a support ticket open on this and we will need to provide them with username.
@jobsonkjoseph, thank u for letting us know. we need and want this feedback!
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, how about ctrl+v an image into a post? This was also possible in Jive and super useful when taking screenshots. Now I have to save every single image and upload it.

Juraj

Melissa_Potvin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Juraj, yes! this drove me bananas yesterday as I was authoring documents and needed to move quickly. I was a little annoyed to have to upload each time (sigh.....) I checked this out on the lithosphere and while it's not an option now it seems to be in the works (tho no date was given)
https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Li-Discussions/Including-Screenshots-in-Forums-Discussions-Post/m...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jobsonksoseph
Are you still having an issue with the Rich Text editor not showing up when creating a new posts?
I switched to view as your account and it was showing correctly, so let me know if it's not resolved.
Thanks,
Jeremy
jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jeremy / Melissa, I'm still facing the issue. Attaching screenshot take now for reference.