Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Posting code snippets from a mobile device

The post code snippets button is not available when posting from an mobile device. (See screenshot me using the Chrome browser on a Samsung Galaxy 10 phone.)

20200116_082142.jpg

This leaves us to write our code examples in the normal dialogue. The issue by using the normal dialogue is that every time I do a line break I get a new paragraph, creating a lot of white space between the lines. This makes the code snippet less readable.

Example;

Load

Field1,

Field2,

Field3

From

My.qvd (qvd)

Where 

Field1 > $(vAriable)

;

I would suggest that when typing from a mobile device the line breaks by pressing enter are not interpreted as a new paragraph. Instead line break on my mobile keyboard should be interpreted as just a simple line break. Personally I have no problem pressing enter twice to get the looks of a paragraph in normal text. 

If you implement simple line breaks the code snipplet above would look like this:

Example;
Load
   Field1,
   Field2,
   Field3
From
  My.qvd (qvd)
Where 
  Field1 > $(vAriable)
;

What do you say? Is this possible to implement or do you have another suggestion on how to post examples of script code from an mobile device?

BR

Vegar

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vegar,

Thanks for your question.

That’s correct that using the Return/Enter key creates a double-spaced line break (as follows).

However, you can also hold Shift while pressing Return/Enter to create a single-spaced line break (as follows).
[Single-spaced line here.]

This works on desktop as well as mobile. On my mobile iOS, the shift key is the “up arrow” icon.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Best,
Jeremy

E05AE51C-C63E-4665-8DEB-902AD4AD4F11.jpeg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous Hey Jeremy, any thoughts on this? Thanks

Sue Macaluso
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vegar,

Thanks for your question.

That’s correct that using the Return/Enter key creates a double-spaced line break (as follows).

However, you can also hold Shift while pressing Return/Enter to create a single-spaced line break (as follows).
[Single-spaced line here.]

This works on desktop as well as mobile. On my mobile iOS, the shift key is the “up arrow” icon.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Best,
Jeremy

E05AE51C-C63E-4665-8DEB-902AD4AD4F11.jpeg

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

I where aware of the Shift-Enter on the computer. I didn't know it was possible to achieve on an iOS device. Unfortunately it is not a supported feature on my Android keyboard so your tip didn't help me 😥