Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

QlikView files uploaded to Qlik Community no longer PE enabled?

Hi Sara and team,

Over the years I've uploaded a number of QlikView documents to Qlik Community, mostly to illustrate answers to questions on the Community but also some that are more generally useful.

It used to be the case that all documents uploaded to QlikCommunity were converted so that they were Personal Edition enabled and anyone on the forums could open them.

I've had a few comments on my documents recently that people with Personal Edition have not been able to open them.

Has there been a concious decision to no longer PE enable apps uploaded or is it just something that has been missed in a few cases?

I've made an index of documents I've uploaded to the site here:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-examples/

There was a time when you had the option to have documents uploaded to QlikCommunity to be available on a QlikView Server for Web access to them.  That seemed to end a long time ago though.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Steve,

I remember the hosted QV option. Unfortunately that was an enhancement that was built into the environment which had some significant bugs with the platform. I will pose this question internally to see if we might look at some options. I do agree that there is value in displaying the QV apps in this way.

In terms of the PE enablement I will also check!

Thank you for this feedback and I will see what I can come up with.

Best Regards,

Not applicable

Sara,

If this solution exists, it would be great t implement it for "normal" threads also.

Many questions or answers are with a qvw application.

Fabrice

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks Sara!

I'm not surprised the hosting of documents was removed - I can imagine that was quite a headache.  I thought it was removed way back when Jason was still Community Manager?