Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview was reset by itself?

First of all thank you for taking your time to look at my question and help me with my questions.

I'm new to Qlikview, I work for a company where I'm working with some Qlikview documents, the other day everytime I tried to load the data it just froze, so everytime that happened I just went to the task manager and killed the process, but the other day I did that and it kind of asked me what language did I want as it was the first time I was using qlikview.

Then told me that I didn't create my own files, I guess that happened because some how for some reason it started as if I was a new user, my question is, if I just restored the files that I didn't create(according to qlikview) then loaded it and paste it in the path were Managers see the files will they be able to see them?, I asked because they needed something right away so I just published that, but wasn't sure if they would be able to see it after this happened.

The only thing I want to know if the user(not the ones that create the qvd files, I mean the ones that go to the link and see they information, I want to know if they'll be able to see it.

Best regards.

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Luis,

That sounds like you are using the Personal Edition of QlikView instead of a licensed copy. Note that if you have a QlikView Server you can borrow licenses from the Server if it is properly configured, as well as using local site licenses. Make sure you have access to your QlikView Server and a valid assignment of license: open QlikView Desktop, go to the Start Page, select Open in Server..., set the server name or IP address and your user credentials, log in, and open any document.

That should lease you a license for 30 days.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your time Miguel, but I still don't have an answer to my question, what I want to know is : even if I didn't create those files, let's say I have a qlikview server and then I copy all the qlikview documents you have in your computer and put them on my server, will people be able to see them even if I didn't create them, that's all I want to know.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Luis,

Yes, users will be able to see what you store in a properly licensed QlikView Server to the users with a valid license assigned, even if they didn't create the QVW files. That's what the QlikView Server is for, ultimately.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks